Sunday, April 8, 2012

The Hunger Games

In The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins, we read about a sixteen year old girl named Katniss Everdeen. This sixteen year old girl lives in a post apocalyptic north america in a nation called Panem which is divided into twelve districts. At the Captial, a highly advanced metropolis, the hunger games are help for sport, but in reality it is a bloodbath. The actual games is a battle between twenty-four "tributes", two from each district, who battle to the death. Each tribute is chosen at random, one boy and one girl, but when katniss' sister is chosen. she volunteers in her place. The book is a wonderful novel that I recommend reading. Stephanie Meyer, author of the twilight saga, comments "I was so obsessed with this book...The Hunger Games is amazing". My own experience was I never wanted to put it down, even when I had to go to work. I reluctantly did, but immediately after i got home, i started reading again.

No comments:

Post a Comment