Monday, May 28, 2012

North Carolina Vacation 5/26/12

For the next couple of days, I will be spending my time in North Carolina, while visiting my sister, niece, and brother-in-law. On the first day, my father and I flew on a plane to Raleigh/Durham, my mother had driven up the week before. When we finally got to my sisters home, my niece was asleep and my sister was at work, or on her way home. So we just visited with my brother-in-law for a while until my sister got home and my niece woke up. When my niece did wake up, it was the first time i had ever seen her outside of pictures. Meeting her was amazing, it felt so surreal to see my sister with a child. I mean I was there during the prenatal part, or at least part of it, but seeing her now just made me feel weird, I now felt like an uncle. There she was, my first ever niece, with her curly hair and blue eyes. I can now say I am happy to have a niece, not that I wasn't happy before, I had just never met her. Later on we all went to a pizza restaurant names Anna Marias, where we met up with my brother-in-laws parents. This restaurant had amazing pizza and stromboli (basically a pizza folded over, like a sandwich). This was how I spent the first day of my vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment