Friday, June 17, 2011

Sometimes people p*** me off

Today as I was taking Gaia on a bike ride, meaning I rode my bike and she ran alongside, I noticed a particularly large amount of trash around the development I live in. I immediately returned home and grabbed a bag to try to pick up as much as I could, unfortunately there was so much trash, I couldn't get it all. When I was in Germany awhile back, I noticed how little trash there was in the villages and I also saw residents picking up trash and then mutter something that I later learned was German for "Damn Americans can't resist littering." On a side note, I never litter without realizing it, and I try to pick up the trash if I miss.

It is not just the trash all over the place, it is also peoples attitudes sometimes. They seem to think they are top dog and bully those perceived lower than them, or think they deserve everything to be handed to them, granted I am a little like that, but I am trying to change that part of me. Then there is all the -isms, like racism, sexism, and others of similar prejudges. Its disgusting how we treat others, myself included. I admit, I am uncomfortable around mentally handicapped people, I apologize, I just don't know how to act around them, so I try to avoid or ignore them to keep from having to interact with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment