Saturday, February 18, 2012

What would I do?

Someone asked me what I want to do in life, and I did not have an answer for them. I still do not but it has got me thinking. What do I want to do in life? I sure as heck do not want to do anything with politics, they is just too much drama in that cesspool, so I am not going to be president (happy ML?). It has crossed my mind to be a writer but I don't know if I could do that. I do not know if I have the talent or the patience to sit down and write something up, even if I did, what would I write about and how long should it be? How would I even get it published, all these questions and more have made me doubt being a writer. I mean I do love reading and all, so I probably could write something I would like to read, but I don't know what I would write about. Another thought was being a history teacher, but I don't think I would be good at that, I tried teaching the newboys (what we called the new recruits in the boy scouts) all about wilderness survival and other boy scout things, but that didn't work well, I feel like I wasn't that good at it and they didn't learn anything from me. I would probably be a better assistant than a teacher. A third thought was working at a museum, I love going to museums, I always have fun at them, at least when people go my speed, (mom) and I love history, so thats a plus. I just don't know what I want to do in life, and this frustrates me to no end. My friends from when I was growing up in the public school system have all graduated and earned a degree in what they want to do in their lives, and here am I a college drop out. Yes I finally admit it, I am a drop out, a failure, what good am I, everyone I know is better than me, and it makes me upset. I feel like a failure because I dropped out of college, I tell people that I want to go back, but I don't know if I can. Maybe I'll talk more about this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment