Thursday, September 29, 2011

"Graduation"

Today I "graduated" from group therapy, which means that the therapists think I am mentally stable to not need group therapy. I still need to make check ups, but for the most part I am depression free. I do not feel as anxious as when I started group, and as far as I can tell, my depression is none existent. In group I had to consistently talk to people I did not know, and that helped me tremendously with my social anxiety. I will not say my social anxiety is completely gone, because that would be a lie. During the graduation, people came up to me and thanked me, they learned that they can get better just by being in my presence, I didn't understand that, but I just smiled and shook their hands. Other people gave me accolades like how intelligent I was, how much I listen, I am very observant, great personality, and other complements. Graduating from group therapy made me happy, knowing now that I can change for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment