Sunday, September 25, 2011

Love

Today, September 25th 2011, marks the thirty-fifth wedding anniversary of my parents. On this day, all those years ago, they stood before a pastor and declared to all the world their love for each other. Thirty-five years, to some it passed in a blink of an eye, for two it was the time of their lives. Amazing how they are still together when many marriages don't last that long now a days. Their marriage has lasted through the ups and downs that life throws at you. Milestones like the birth of your children and grandchildren, to bad times, like when you loose your jobs or the occasional arguments.When I sit back and watch how much my parents still love each other, I find myself wishing and hoping that when I get married, that my marriage lasts just as long, and longer, and the love and attraction is as alive as theirs. Happy anniversary Mom and Dad.

Love W, your son

No comments:

Post a Comment