Thursday, September 22, 2011

Missed Opportunities

The other day, while in therapy, it was brought to my attention that I might have missed opportunities to date when I was younger. That I wore metaphorical blinders to these opportunities, worn because of my poor self image.  When I was told this, I started to think about it, and I realized that that was true, I thought that I wasn't good enough to ask anyone out, or that I would be out right rejected. I didn't have the courage to do this, and I still don't, nor do I know how to fix it. Many people have responded with surprise when I mention that I have never had a relationship, they say that I'm "cute",( mostly spoken by people more than a little older than me). I'm told I have a great personality that people like being around me, and yet I still have bad self image.

No comments:

Post a Comment