Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I Believe I Can Fly

Today, I spent the morning with my parents at the aquarium, had lunch in a town called Manteo, and then went to Kill Devil Hills and saw the Wright Brothers Memorial/ museum. At the aquarium, we saw several kinds of fish and ecosystems. One interesting event that occurred was that at the time we were there, there was four people cleaning the shark tank. We then sat down and watched a 3-D sphere thing that talked about the earth and weather and oceans and the like. After we left the aquarium, we went into town and at at the Full Moon Cafe, where we each had sandwiches, I liked the parmesan chicken melt. Afterwards, we drove to where the first flight, sorry, first POWERED flight happened. There I learned that there were four flights that occurred on December 17th, 1903. The first flight, piloted by Orville, lasted 12 seconds, and went a distance of 120 feet, the second flight, piloted by Wilbur, was a distance of 175 feet, followed by Orville at 200 feet, and finally Wilbur at 852 feet.

After that we went back to the beach house, where I swam in the pool a little, and then flew a kite I found. After I got tired of crashing the kite, I dug a big hole, about four feet deep by one-and-a-half to two feet wide. I found some clam shells and nothing more. I then filled in the hole and went back inside.

Please comment

No comments:

Post a Comment