Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Reading

Sometimes when I'm reading a book, I just can't get into it, and when I try a different book, I get this feeling in my head that I failed or something is stopping me from continuing on until I finish the original book. The problem then is, how do I get into a book I just wasn't that into before? My USUAL solution is to play a video game to take my mind off of the book, but since B took my games away, I had to try to think of a new way. (Yeah thats right B, video games help me focus, I don't care what studies show, I know what works for me) So the new way is to play with BK's dogs to take my mind off the book. The problem with that is they are older dogs, the youngest being seven, (seven times seven is forty-nine) so apparently they tire out easily, but it works sometimes, and if I wasn't forbidden from hanging out in my room except for sleep, I would be reading more than being on the internet, so yay for you, you get me while I vent my frustrations.

My most recent success in reading a book, which happened while B was away and K was at work, was titled The Republic of Pirates, by Colin Woodard. Its a good book you should read it. Its about the Golden Age of Piracy, around 1715-1725 give or take five years depending on who you ask. Said book focuses on Edward "Blackbeard" Thatch, Samuel "Black Sam" Bellamy, Charles Vane, and the man who brought down the pirates, directly or indirectly, Woodes Rogers. How they were inspired to do what they did, and their influences that they left.

Well I am done now, leave a comment if you want me to talk about the book, if you don't, I wont.

No comments:

Post a Comment