Monday, May 30, 2011

intemporaliter in nostrum memoria

Today is Memorial Day in America, a day of remembrance of those who gave their lives or have served our country in time of war. Both of my grandfathers served in World War II. My mothers father served on a ship as a radio operator and my fathers father repaired airplanes in the China/Burma area. I know, not as amazing as "my grandfather was in at the battle of the bulge" or  "my grandfather was at Iwo Jima" but none the same, I am proud of my grandfathers to have stepped up and done what they could in the name of America. Some people don't even know their grandfathers, fathers, mothers, or any other family member because they sacrificed their lives to ensure that others could survice and to keep America free. Unfortunately for me, I never told my grandfathers how proud I was to be their grandson, because they have since passed away before I could realize the valor in their actions.


I would love to always remember and look back on those who have served and have died in said service. I thank them for everything they have done.

For they shall be eternally in our memories.
intemporaliter in nostrum memoria

No comments:

Post a Comment