Saturday, October 8, 2011

Germany part 1

A year or two ago, I had the opportunity to go to Germany, and because I have always wanted to go to Germany, I jumped at the chance to go. The first day in Germany was actually spent in the air mostly, because I had to fly to Atlanta, then from Atlanta to Munich. On the first day, I woke up, and I use the term woke up loosely because I did not sleebecause of my excitement, and my father drove me to Bush intercontinental and was actually allowed to see me off at the gate. This was the first time I actually flew alone and I was a little nervous, i.e. about to freak out. After my plane landed in Atlanta, GA, I met up with the teacher who was chaperoning I guess you could say, my history teacher at the time, Mr. C. He arranged to meet me at my gate before hand so he could bring me to the rest of the group that were going,including his mom, whom I coined the term, p "mamma c." When we met up with the rest, it was about a two hour wait i believe for the flight to Germany. When we finally boarded the plane, I was separated from the group because I reserved my tickets separate from them, and I was seated next to an elderly lady, whom fell asleep soon after take off, and I didn't want to wake her, so for the entire ten hour flight, I stayed seated, watching movies, reading, playing video games. I also got no sleep so I was actually awake for about forty hours that day. Ten hours later, at seven A.M. in Munich, we landed, and I sprinted to the nearest bathroom. I had looked out the window of the plane and seen England, France, and the sun rise while a mile up. After we landed and got off the plane, I remember very little, but I do remember sitting at a cafe in the airport waiting for the adults to find our van that they were renting for sevenish days.When it showed up, we all piled into the van, I was lucky enough to ride shotgun, and drove three hours to a little village named Bad Bayersoien. When we arrived at BB, we got settled and went out to lunch at a restaurant I don't remember, toured the town that my teachers great aunt I think it was, lived it, visited her, then we ate dinner at an italian restaurant believe it or not. After dinner, we went back to the....bed and breakfast I guess you could call it, and I passed out in my room, not to be awakened for a long time. End of Day one.

No comments:

Post a Comment