Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Male Stereotypes

It really bothers me when other men perpetuate the male stereotypes that men are liars, cheaters, and other negative traits. All my life I have been struggling to prove that not all men are these traits, but it has been an uphill. I admit that I have lied in the past, but I have been striving to correct that mistake, and I have never nor will I ever cheat on someone. I have sworn to myself and to God never to cheat on my significant other, when I get one. I also promised to God that I would always be there for my children when I have them. I always hear these stories about unfaithful boyfriends or husbands, fathers that abandoned their families, boyfriends who lie and abuse their girlfriends. I will gladly swore an oath right here, right now, to always remain faithful, never abuse or use. I make no such promise about lying, but that is a work in progress. I need to stop, I am rambling and repeating myself now, so I'll leave with this. Not all men are evil, nor does every man have these negative traits, and I will do my damnedest to prove these stereotypes wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment