Thursday, October 27, 2011

Rain

I have a love hate relationship with rain and what accompanies it. Believe it or not, I loved listening to the rain hitting the canvas tents and other materials. If done right, you don't have to worry about water seeping in and making your canteen float away. I unfortunately also hate the rain when I am driving and it is coming down hard and there are other people around me, if I was alone on the road, I wouldn't mind a thunderstorm as much, but I don't know what will happen with the other drivers. I like listening to thunder if I am in a safe spot to listen, even under a rocky outcropping is alright with me. However, if I am in a position that I feel is unsafe, I hate thunder and lightning. I remember times when I was in the boy scouts, I would stay up late in the tent, listening to the rain, and eventually fall asleep listening to it, as well as hearing the thunder off in the distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment