Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Survived

When I picked my brother and father up a couple of weeks ago after their second MS 150 bike ride, they had ridden through wind, rain, lightening, and more rain. When finished and we were talking in the car, my brother made an interesting comment on finishing the race. When asked how he felt about finishing the race, he said one thing, "we survived."  I will admit, I was scared driving in the storm, but to ride their bikes all morning through it, nothing could compare for me with what they experienced. I would like to think it was especially troubling riding their bikes up a very steep, wet bridge with traffic whipping past you on the other side of a flimsy barrier. So I agree with his statement about surviving this bike race, and I am impressed that they persevered and finished the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment